American Animal Hospital Association
McKenzie Animal Hospital is accredited by The American Animal Hospital Association. Nationwide, less than 12% of all small animal hospitals receive this certification. In order to achieve this honor, McKenzie Animal Hospital is required to participate in a comprehensive evaluation of our facility, equipment, medical records, practice standards and health care. Evaluations are conducted every two to three years by The American Animal Hospital Association. We are currently accredited for three years - the highest level recognized by AAHA.
Cat Friendly Practice
McKenzie Animal Hospital has received certification as a “Cat Friendly Practice” at the Gold Level by the American Association of Feline Practitioners (AAFP). Our hospital and team have surpassed the standards set by the AAFP and is one of only a few practices in Oregon to achieve this distinction.
We love cats and believe that it is a privilege to work with them. Dr. DeWees established the first cat practice in Lane County - the Feline Health Center - in the early 1980s and designed our hospital to provide special accommodations for cats.
What being “Cat Friendly” means to us...
- We provide resources to help you with transporting your cat to the practice.
- We provide separate reception and exam areas for cats.
- We understand the special needs of cats and provide gentle, low stress methods to make your cat’s visits more comfortable.
- We offer feline only “Bed and Breakfast” accommodations when you leave town.
- We individualize care based on lifestyle and risk.
- We use the best technology, training, and equipment for the special needs of our feline patients.
- We are committed to excellence in continuing education for our doctors and staff to stay abreast of the current standards in feline care.