Poison Alert

We love our pets like our children, yet sometimes we forget to treat them like children. Like babies, they're curious little beings and they will eat almost anything. Accidental poisonings can have tragic consequences, so guard against ingestion of these dangerous substances:


Garden Supplies: insecticides, fertilizers, snail bait, or herbicides
Poisonous Plants: many plants in live and dried form are toxic. Check with nursery or plant reference guide to see if your pet is at risk.
Pennies: Some pennies contain zinc, which cause vomiting, anemia, and even death if ingested
Foods: chocolate - as little as one ounce of unsweetened (Baker's) chocolate may poison a small dog
Onions (cooked or raw) can cause anemia in pets
Antifreeze: has a sweet taste to dogs and cats, and they may lick it off the ground. As little as one teaspoonful can cause kidney damage and lead to death in a small dog or cat
Medications:
  • Tylenol (acetaminophen) is deadly to cats
  • No-Doz may cause convulsions in cats and dogs
  • Solarcaine may cause anemia in cats
  • Advil (ibuprofen) may cause kidney damage or gastric ulcers in dogs
  • Numerous prescription drugs are dangerous to pets; be sure to store them out of reach

IF YOUR PET SHOULD INGEST THESE OR ANY OTHER TOXIC SUBSTANCES, CALL US OR COME IN